Monday, January 5, 2015

Sinatra in the studio: It Was A Very Good Year

Mark Steyn's first of 100: "It Was A Very Good Year." Go read what would make a perfect first chapter in a Steyn book on Frank, then come back for this incredible video.



Can you imagine being one of those people in the studio?

*Edited to add a confession: Though I think this video is a treasure of inestimable value, I haven't included IWAVGY on my list. I was ten years old in 1966 when the song was all over the airwaves and it just made me sad. I've never really gotten past that. The lyrics are evocative, the arrangement is gorgeous, and Sinatra's artistry is undeniable. And I love the video of its creation -- how I wish we had a couple hundred more videos of Frank in the studio. But the song isn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment